Top 12 Power Tool Maintenance Tips for Spring: It’s time to awaken your STIHL equipment from its winter slumber. Before you pull your tools out of storage and put them to work, make sure you’ve prepared them for your spring workload. This checklist of proper maintenance tips will help get your equipment out of hibernation and ready to run.
NOTE: For a comprehensive list of maintenance and repair instructions, refer to your product’s instruction manual.
- Always wear appropriate protective apparel when working with your STIHL power tool.
- Check the condition of your spark plugs and replace if necessary.
- Check air filters for dirt and damage to determine if any need cleaning or replacement. Clean debris from blowers and trimmers as well.
- Inspect your equipment for broken parts, and replace any that are broken or damaged.
- Check screws and nuts, and tighten them if necessary.
- Now is a good time to adjust, sharpen or change saw chains, as well as replace your trimmer line.
- Lubricate parts where friction will occur.
- Check power cords on electric tools for damage or wear.
- Before using a battery tool, inspect the electrical contacts for damage. If any damage is found, contact your servicing STIHL Dealer. Do not continue using or charging a malfunctioning, damaged, cracked, or deformed battery, cable or adapter.
- When mixing fuel, make sure you are doing it properly by viewing our mixing tips. Use fresh fuel (stored for less than 2 months) with new 2-cycle engine oil.
- Make sure to follow STIHL’s gasoline guidelines. Use STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel in your fuel tanks. STIHL MotoMix® is a highly stable blend that will help to ensure great performance.
- Don’t put your power tool to work immediately after a season of storage, let it warm up for a few minutes before use.
In conclusion, Odiorne is proud to be a local Stihl dealer! Check out our Stihl products here and enjoy doing your Power Tool Maintenance Tips for Spring!
Article Source: Stihl